1. The Wind - No, I'm not worried that I'm going to be blown away to Missouri (in fact, I hear the storm is having quite the opposite effect). I'm more worried that my satellite connection will be disrupted. The 49ers are scheduled for Monday Night Football tomorrow. It's a division game, people!
2. The Rain - I just bought a new umbrella. The last thing I need is to lose #472 since moving to New York four years ago
3. The Devastation - I'm on coverage elective. If my colleagues can't make it into work, I'm going to have to haul my bum into the hospital to cover their's.
4. Life, Interrupted - Dear Mayor Bloomberg, Governors Cuomo and Christie. Don't you worry your little political heads off. I'm staying off the subway, in my home, away from trees and downed electrical lines. Please stop coming on my TV, interrupting Game 4 of the World Series.
Please pray for YHO. God bless you, friends, and God bless America.
Oh, the devastation! Curse you, Irene!
*According to Wikipedia, Hurricane Irene made landfall in Brooklyn, NY on August 28, 2011.
**Oh jeez, here we go. A post like this has to come with a disclaimer. No, I'm not suggesting that football, baseball, or the comfort of my own home are more important than any REAL potential danger. I am NOT in favor of injury, loss of life, limb, property, or the pursuit of happiness. I'm merely trying to make myself and maybe a few of you laugh. You know for future YHO when he checks back and reads this 3 years later. Please for the love of the Deity, all of you stay safe, warm and dry. I am YHO and I approve this disclaimer.

No comments:
Post a Comment