Sunday, May 24, 2009

True Words From A Doctor On TV

Everyone I know seems to believe that I live in one long episode of "Grey's Anatomy". While there are no McDreamys, McSteamys, McCrappys, or even McRibs in my life, sometimes even the TV doctors speak to the heart. Here's a small excerpt from an episode of "Scrubs" I just saw:

Dr. Kelso: Remember when being a doctor meant that people would look up to you?
Dr. Cox: Yeah.
Dr. Kelso: When I first started out, I could take this white coat out, get a free hair cut, nice table at a restaurant, hell I never once got a speeding ticket.
Dr. Cox: People used to give me cards and gifts and sometimes even a pie for just doin' my job.
Dr. Kelso: Every mother wanted me to marry their daughter cause I was a doctor...
Dr. Cox: Those were the good old, incredibly disturbing, days, Bob. Today people think of us as drug-dispensing walking lawsuits who are, in fact, less informed than their internet phones... I will tell you one thing, though. If you even want to have an outside chance of reaching someone nowadays, you damn sure better speak from your heart.

No comments: