Obstetrics In Translation
"Could you help me out?" = I need the sonogram machine...and I need you to wheel it over here
"Go take a history on the patient in triage" = I'm busy, I don't have anything for you to do, and I hate you.
"Do you have a copy of the patient list?" = The interns haven't updated the list and the labs are a mess and I need you to update it
"What have you learned today?" = I haven't seen you all day - granted I haven't been on the floor all day (but that's beside the point) - and I'm suspicious that you've been off doing something else, so 'fess up or so help me...
*This list was compiled after a particularly busy and trying night on call in labor and delivery. Residents are the most un-fun people when they're stressed... and they take it out on students. So I exact my revenge by publicly outing them here. Deal with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment