Monday, September 2, 2013

The Story Of Us - A Year In Review

A year has come and gone and HOKIS and Your Humble Observer have a million reasons to celebrate. In the week leading up to our first anniversary, I would like to reflect upon a two-and-a-half year period that led up to this moment - from proposal to the paper anniversary.

Since we live in a social media world and our every action is constantly being monitored by...someone... I have decided to use, as a mirror, the various InstaFaceLinkTwit posts leading up to the wedding then beyond into our "Newlywed Year".

Up Curtain:

April 2, 2011
Just asked the love of my life to marry me.
                >>...oh, and she said yes, by the way.

April 30, 2011
H: I don't think any of these venues are going to be big enough for the amount of people we expect.
YHO: Honey...Buckingham Palace isn't big enough for the amount of people we expect.

June 22, 2011
Why I Love Her-
H: Oh my God, Nar. I found a picture that shows EXACTLY what I want for the wedding. I sent it to my friend and she LOVED it, and I sent it to my cousin who agreed it so totally me. So I emailed it to your mom and my mom too to see what they think, but Nar it's so beautiful!
YHO: Well, now that all the important people have seen your image of our wedding, any chance us second tier people can get a peek?

September 8, 2011
YHO: Hey, wanna get married?

September 21, 2011
I have a question: If I'm trying to add you to my Google+ and I'm trying to decide which of my circles you fit into, which do I pick? Clearly "Friend" would be an insult, but "Family" is kind of premature. I'm so confused. Any advice would help. Do I create a "Nushanadz" circle, or do I just abandon this whole endeavor and pretend Google+ doesn't exist?

December 18, 2011
YHO: What the _________ is a "cutting cost"?
H: They charge you for cutting the cake.
YHO: THEY CHARGE YOU FOR CUTTING THE CAKE? _______ that, I'll cut the damn thing myself!

February 17, 2012
I just want you to know that, in preparation for your arrival, I vacuumed the couch. Because I love you THAT much!

April 28, 2012
Khunami


June 26, 2012
I handed this to HOKIS and she said, "Oooh, lovely!"
...What is it?

























September 27, 2012
H: You know, honey, lately your jokes have been a real stretch. Like it takes some explanation to get them.
YHO: Ya, well, I'm married now. I don't have to try anymore.

December 31, 2012  
My wife just counted down to 11:30... I don't think she gets it. 

January 5



Some put their fathers-in-law on a pedestal.
I put mine on the refrigerator.
#LaddersAreTooEasy #WhyWouldntYouSitOnTheFridge #ItsNotColdEnoughInNYC #ArekAsKakuhChashkhadeer #HouseholdChores

  
June 6
N: Ashkharkun dzov, toon mechu nav
H: Who said that?
N: Sayat Nova
H: YES! He totally gets me.

Fin



1 comment:

Steph said...

(Subtitles would be nice...)