The key to every great proposal is careful planning and meticulous attention to detail. Fortunately I had neither of those elements in my favor. I figured that if she and I had made it this far down our journey the universe would allow everything to fall into place. What I had was a ring and the desire to express to the love of my life that I wanted to spend every moment with her. After a delightful breakfast we ventured out for a walk along the northern California coast. She thought I was quiet because I was finally decompressing from a difficult work schedule. Truthfully, I was distracted trying to find the perfect spot to propose. After a mile or so of walking we came upon a staircase leading down to the rocky coast below. As we stood there quietly enjoying the crashing waves, I reached into my coat pocket and produced the ring. The rest, as they say, is... well, a blur! But all I know is that at the end, we were engaged.
My life in the city, as a cardiology fellow, and other general observations
Sunday, September 16, 2012
The Story Of Us - The Rocky Shores Of Cambria
None of the readership will be shocked by the revelation that the previous year and a half was one of great significance for Your Humble Observer. My life has been enriched by many opportunities, encounters, and relationships. However, none have been greater, more meaningful, or more beautiful than the one with a certain young lady, henceforth referred to as HOKIS, who I am also now proud to refer to as my wife, and my partner in life. It may be cliche, but I've known, almost from the very beginning of our relationship, that HOKIS would be the one I would want to share every moment, experience, tragedy, and joy with for the rest of my life. And for that very reason, after months of preparation, on April 2, 2011 I proposed to HOKIS on the rocky shores of Cambria, CA. The story is as follows:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment